University of Lisbon
Av. Rovisco Pais, MicroLab-Tecnico, Campus Alameda, Lisboa, PO: 1049-001, Grande Lisboa (Portugal)
Engineering (DI) of the University of Lisbon (ULisboa), Faculty of Sciences (FCUL). LaSIGE performs a number of research activities in several sub-areas of computer science and engineering including:
human-computer interaction and multimedia; information management, net-centric, parallel and distributed computing; software engineering; and security and dependability.
The current research lines pursued, which constitute guiding vectors for LaSIGE researchers, are: Biomedical Informatics; Fault and Intrusion Tolerance in Open Distributed Systems; Human Computer Interaction and Multimedia; Methods and Techniques for Engineering Software Systems;
Timeliness and Adaptation in Dependable Systems.
Data Mining and Analysis (Methodological) Centers, including statistical analysis
Data Archives, Data Repositories and Collections
Software Service Facilities
Distributed Computing Facilities
- a set of tools and libraries for intrusion tolerance using the Java programming language, including implementations of Byzantine Paxos and verifiable secret sharing; http://www.navigators.di.fc.ul.pt/software/jitt/.
- a concurrent, message-passing programming language based on the pi-calculus; http://gloss.di.fc.ul.pt/sepi.
- a layered communication toolkit; http://appia.di.fc.ul.pt/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page.
- Pedagogical environment for experimenting object-oriented programming in Java; http://www.aguiaj.org.pt/.
- a protocol suite for group communication; http://www.navigators.di.fc.ul.pt/software/xAMp/xAMp.html.
- a framework for automatic and dependable adaptation in dynamic environments; http://www.navigators.di.fc.ul.pt/software/Adaptare.jar.
- an Eclipse plug-in for learning and designing unit tests for the Java language; http://pestt.github.io/.
- an extensible interoperable object-oriented n-Level hierarchical scheduling simulator; https://code.google.com/p/hssim/.
- a mini object-oriented language in a Java-like style with support for concurrency, that allows programmers to specify class usage protocols as types; http://gloss.di.fc.ul.pt/mool/.
- an extension of the Java language that enables the verification of Java programs against a session type specification; http://plone.di.fc.ul.pt/gloss/bica.
- a real-time proactive secret sharing library for RTAI (Real Time Application Interface); http://sourceforge.net/projects/rt-pss/.
- a tool that supports the checking of Java classes against property-driven algebraic specifications; http://gloss.di.fc.ul.pt/congu.
- a distributed wormhole that provides a set of time and security related services; http://www.navigators.di.fc.ul.pt/software/tcb/index.htm.
- toolchain for validating Message Passing Interface programs written in the C language; http://gloss.di.fc.ul.pt/MPISessions.
- a Byzantine fault-tolerant coordination service based on the tuple space model; http://www.navigators.di.fc.ul.pt/software/depspace/.
- a Byzantine-fault-tolerant state machine replication library developed in Java with simplicity and robustness as primary requirements; https://code.google.com/p/bft-smart/.