Academic Medical Centre | AMOLF Institute | Delft University of Technology | Eindhoven University of Technology | Leiden University Medical Centre | Maastricht University | Microscopy Imaging Center - Raboud University | The Netherlands Centre for Electron Nanoscopy - Leiden University (NeCEN - LU) | University Medical Center Groningen | University Medical Center Utrecht | University of Amsterdam | University of Groningen | University of Twente | Utrecht University | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam | Wageningen University
- To create a coordinated and harmonized plan for EM infrastructure deployment in the Netherlands;
- To create a strong and innovative Dutch EM infrastructure by differentiated investments at regional Flagship Nodes, based on local strengths and opportunities;
- To better connect EM for the life sciences with EM for the materials sciences;
- To provide access, services and training to state-of-the-art EM technologies and increase the accessibility of the EM methodology to non-EM specialists;
- To foster the liaison and cooperation between EM instrumentation developers, EM providers, scientists, industry, national and European funding schemes and national authorities;
- To enable better use of the capacities of the Dutch EM labs;
- To speak to national and international funders with one voice;
- To promote findability, easy access, interoperability and reuse (FAIR principles) of EM data.
EM has enabled numerous scientific discoveries and industrial innovations in a range of disciplines, most notably the life and materials science.
Biomedical Imaging Facilities
Structural Biology Facilities
Micro- and Nanotechnology facilities
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Chemistry and Material Sciences
Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Mathematics
Health and Food
Electron microscopy characterization of biological samples such as tissue, cells, and proteins, and of materials samples such as bulk materials, nanomaterials, and catalysts.
Molecular structure determination of biological structures such as proteins
High-end microscopes for high-resolution investigations of thin, electron-transparent samples.
High-end microscopes for high-resolution imaging and characterization of the surfaces of biological samples and of materials.